Mental Health Awareness in Sport & Physical Activity Workshop
Date: 20th January Time: 6pm – 9pm
Venue: Southwark Council Offices, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2TZ
Cost: £30 per ticket please book through Eventbrite here
- Want to know more about how being active is good for our minds?
- Do you want to feel more confident in talking about mental health?
- Do you want to better support those of us with a mental health problem to be more active?
Mental Health Awareness in Sport and Physical Activity (MHASPA) is a 3-hour workshop designed to give you the practical tools to help you better support those of us with mental health problems to be more active. This short course is aimed at anyone working within sport and physical activity – from coaches to front-of-house staff – who would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of mental health within the context of their work.
The workshop has been developed by Mind with support from Sports Coach UK and Sport England, and will be delivered by trainers from Mind in Croydon. During the workshop you will:
- explore perceptions and misconceptions about mental health including the positive impact of sport and physical activity on physical and mental health and wellbeing
- understand the barriers that those of us with mental health problem can experience in sport and physical activity
- have developed practical ways that you can create a positive sporting environment which is more inclusive and accessible to those of us with mental health problems
- feel more confident to talk about mental health and wellbeing and know where to signpost people to
- Develop an action plan to embed practices into your organisation.
No prior knowledge is necessary and this highly interactive workshop will help you develop practical tools to ensure your activities are even more inclusive.
To Find out more, please contact Dora Crook at Mind in Croydon on 020 82538208 or email email@example.com